ERCAST Suicide Risk Assessment
Suicide risk assessment in the emergency department is a challenging endeavor. Our training in residency is limited compared to the volume of mental health patients we see during our careers. This page is designed to give emergency providers information and options in performing focused and thorough suicide risk assessments.
- Traapped Silo Safe Mnemonic
- Suicide Risk Chart Documentation
- Suicide Risk Assessment Mnemonic Podcast from 2011
- Is my patient suicidal: adaptation of the Columbia Suicide Assessment Scale
- Examination of the mental health patient (coming soon)