There’s a journal club in my living room every few months (or at least there will be – this was the first). Raconteur Adam Rowh, MD joins the show to talk the med lit we dissected by the fireside.
Stuff in this show
- Prandoni, Paolo, et al. “Prevalence of pulmonary embolism among patients hospitalized for syncope.” New England Journal of Medicine 375.16 (2016): 1524-1531. Link
- Righini, Marc, et al. “Age-adjusted D-dimer cutoff levels to rule out pulmonary embolism: the ADJUST-PE study.” Jama 311.11 (2014): 1117-1124. Link
- Wang, Ralph C., et al. “Effect of Tamsulosin on Stone Passage for Ureteral Stones: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.” Annals of Emergency Medicine (2016). Link
- Sakles, John C., et al. “First Pass Success Without Hypoxemia Is Increased With the Use of Apneic Oxygenation During Rapid Sequence Intubation in the Emergency Department.” Academic Emergency Medicine 23.6 (2016): 703-710. Link
- The Bell Tolls for Renal Colic CT Link